Sometimes I discover cool shit that I think other people might enjoy. E.L.F. cream eyeshadows are great but they don't really belong here, so I'm starting this new feature on the blog called "Shit I Love This Month" to wrap up all the neat-o potat-o food type stuff I found that y'all might like.
Without further ado, here is April's wrap up!
- Pandora's "Hipster Cocktail Party" channel: the name makes me gaaaaaaaaaaagggggg but the channel is just SO damn good. It's a great mix of the classics like Frank Sinatra and Rosemary Clooney mixed in with complementary modern stuff like Vance Joy and Zarif, perfect for an actual cocktail party or just to have on while you cook. I've discovered several new favourite artists since having this on in the background. Case in point: "Booty Swing" by Parov Stelar.
- Trader Joe's Cypriot Pyramid Salt: my current obsession is salt (I have black lava Hawaiian salt and hickory smoked sea salt on my counter right now too) and I especially love this stuff. It is sort of pyramid shaped, with thin, nearly translucent flakes that have a fantastic crunch to them. It has no particularly different taste, just salty, but the shape and texture is just so weird and interesting I can't help but love it. It's the perfect crunchy finishing salt for salads and on top of eggs. If you don't have a TJ's nearby you can snag some here on Amazon.
- Jell-O Shots: I totally forgot how fun these are and how much people love them! I recently made some for a friend's baby shower (because *I* can still drink), blue with little fish gummies inside them to match her "under the sea" theme, and even retired accountant grandmothers couldn't say no! Generally speaking I find Jell-O and gelatin disgusting but chances are if you put vodka in something I will like it. I'll be experimenting more with these over the summer, starting off with these watermelon jello shots.
- "The Beach House" Sauvignon Blanc: This is my go-to summer wine, and at $7.99-$9.99 a bottle it's affordable for everyone. It's crisp, uncomplicated, and clean--and when ice ice cold, perfect for a hot humid day. And, hey, it's from South Africa just like me!
- Trader Joe's Scandinavian Swimmers: I SEE YOU HERE, TJ'S. Good luck not getting sued by Swedish Fish over this one, but LORD I hope you don't because these things are like ~crack~. I'm not a huge gummy or candy fan but everyone who's tasted these goes nuts over them, myself included. There's blue dolphins, red lobsters (ADORABLE), yellow seahorses, and orange rockfishes, all flavoured and colored with completely natural ingredients like apple and black carrot. They're a steal at $2.99 a bag but if you don't live near a Trader Joe's you'll be forced to pay through the nose here on Amazon.
And with that chewy goodness, I take my leave of you. There've been other great discoveries this month but I gotta keep you guys coming back somehow, right?